Federal Housing Finance Agency Print
Home / About FHFA / Contact Us / File a Complaint Form



Consumer Complaint?

Are you a homeowner or homebuyer with a consumer complaint?

If you are a homeowner or homebuyer with a consumer complaint involving Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or a Federal Home Loan Bank, see our Homeowners & Homebuyers page.

Fraud Concern?

Does your issue with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or a Federal Home Loan Bank involve fraud?

If your issue with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or a Federal Home Loan Bank involves fraud, please contact the FHFA Office of Inspector General (OIG) at 800-793-7724 or visit the FHFA OIG website.

Employment Issue?

Are you an employee of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or the Federal Home Loan Bank system with an issue related to your employment?

The FHFA Ombudsman does not accept complaints about employment issues from employees of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or the Federal Home Loan Bank system. You should address your concerns to the appropriate office within your institution.


To contact the FHFA Ombudsman, please submit the following information:

1 Your Information
2 Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)
3 Complaint Information
NOTE: To ensure file attachments are received, make certain file names do NOT include characters such as ~ # % & * { } \ : < > ? / |, that file names are short and concise, and that the file does not exceed 50MB. If you have trouble submitting input or uploading documents to attach to your input, please contact FHFAwebmaster@FHFA.gov or call (202) 649-3031 for assistance.

Privacy Act Notice*
This notice is provided pursuant to the Privacy Act of 1974 (Privacy Act), as amended, 5 U.S.C. § 552a. The collection of information is to process and/or respond to your complaint, appeal, inquiry, request for information, to review and post comments on proposed rules/regulations, to review feedback received on FHFA proposed or implemented initiatives, and to compile a list of potential vendors and contractors. The records are used in accordance with Systems of Records Notices (SORN), FHFA-3 Correspondence Tracking System, FHFA-20 Telecommunications System, and FHFA-22 Online Forms. You can view these SORNs by clicking here and here and here. Although providing this information is voluntary, failure to provide the requested information may result in your complaint, appeal, inquiry, request, comment, or feedback not being processed and may make it more difficult for FHFA to respond to you.

© 2024 Federal Housing Finance Agency