Federal Housing Finance Agency Print
Home / About FHFA / FHFA Policies / ​Reasonable Accommodation

​Reasonable Accommodation

FHFA provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and job applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Employees and job applicants requiring reasonable accommodations should contact Joyce.Wilson@FHFA.govDeterminations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.

A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.

Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:

  • An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
  • An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
  • An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.

You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.

Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations  or how to contact an agency.

FHFA Reasonable Accommodation and Personal Assistance Services Policy and Procedures​ (12/2018)


Architectural Barriers Act

In accordance with the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA), the FHFA office building, work spaces, and facilities are fully accessible to all people.  The ABA is a federal law that requires agencies to provide individuals with disabilities access to buildings and facilities comparable to those provided to individuals who do not have disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the Agency.  The accessibility of FHFA’s office building, work spaces, and facilities allows employees and visitors with disabilities  to take part in all the programs, services, and activities in FHFA  buildings and work spaces.

The website www.access-board.gov contains the ABA standards that apply to facilities designed, built, altered, or leased with certain federal funds.

If you would like to file an ABA-related complaint, please contact the access board at https://www.access-board.gov/enforcement/.


Page last updated: August 8, 2021​​​​

© 2024 Federal Housing Finance Agency