The Finance Board has a statutory duty to ensure that the FHLBanks operate in a financially safe and sound manner, are adequately capitalized, able to raise funds in the capital markets, and carry out their housing finance mission. The Finance Board continually strives to improve its oversight of the FHLBanks. To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its activities, the Finance Board has established goals for program performance. The following reports set forth the goals and evaluate Finance Board's success in meeting those goals:
• Strategic Plan, which includes mission, vision, and values statements, covers the major functions and operations of the agency, general goals and objectives of the agency, as well as the approach and resources to be used in achieving those goals and objectives. The plan is reviewed and revised every three years.
Click here to view the Strategic Plan FY2007-2012.
• IT Strategic Plan, which includes Information Technology strategies supporting strategic business goals found in FHFB Strategic Plan as well as the approach and resources to be used in achieving those goals and objectives. The plan is reviewed and revised every five years. Click here to view the IT Strategic Plan.
• Annual Performance Budget (formerly Annual Performance Plan) includes program activities in the agency's budget and establishes performance goals.
Click here to view the:
FY2008 Annual Performance Budget, as of November 14, 2007
FY2007 Annual Performance Budget, as of September 13, 2006
• Annual Performance and Accountability Report which compares the performance indicators set forth in the performance budget and the actual program performance achieved with the performance goals in that year's plan. This report also discusses the agency's success in achieving the performance goals and explains those cases in which it did not meet its performance goals.
The following reports are available:
FY2007 Annual Performance and Accountability Report, as of November 15, 2007
FY2006 Annual Performance and Accountability Report, as of November 15, 2006
FY2005 Annual Performance and Accountability Report, as of November 15, 2005
• E-Government Act of 2002 encourages federal agencies to use information technology to transform agency business into a more citizen oriented and user friendly process. Click here to view the FHFB E-Government Report for FY2006.